Insert CONTOUR®PLUS test strip and the meter will switch on.
The CONTOUR®PLUS system is not only ready to test out of the box, but gives you that second chance you deserve when testing, to help prevent wasted strips and money.
No initial set up. Large display and easy to use buttons.
The Second-Chance® sampling feature prompts you to apply more blood to the same test strip when the first sample is not enough, with no need to re-prick your finger.4
Not all blood glucose meters offer the same acccuracy.5 The CONTOUR®PLUS system has been shown to deliver a ± 0.56 mmol / L or ± 10% error margin in the overall range.*2
*Results from an analysis of the CONTOUR®PLUS system demonstrated that 100% (198/198) of the results for samples with glucose concentrations <5.55 mmol/L were within ±10% of the YSI result and 99.5% (400/402) of the results for samples with glucose concentrations ≥5.55 mmol/L were within ±10% of the YSI result.2
†Before use please see the CONTOUR®PLUS user guide for full instructions.
1. Market Research Ascensia Diabetes Care, Hall & Partners online market research, conducted April/May 2015.
2. Caswell M et al. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2015 Mar;17(3):152-8.
3. Wu H-P et al. Performance of a New Algorithm for Sample Re-application During Blood Glucose Test Strip Underfill Conditions. Poster presented at the 15th Annual Canadian Diabetes Association, October 10–13, 2012, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
4. CONTOUR®PLUS BGMS User Guide, July 2018.
5. G Freckmann et al. User Performance Evaluation of Four Blood Glucose Monitoring Systems Applying ISO 15197:2013 Accuracy Criteria and Calculation of Insulin Dosing Errors Diabetes Ther (2018) 9:683–697